|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando event|
|Halloween Horror Nights XIV|
|Slogan||What's Your Breaking Point/ 2X the Fear|
|Number of haunted houses||7|
|Number of scarezones||4|
|Preceded by||Halloween Horror Nights 13|
|Followed by||Halloween Horror Nights: Tales of Terror|
Halloween Horror Nights XIV was the 14th Halloween Horror Nights event. Asking guests "What's Your Breaking Point?", it featured the first, and so far only time, that parts of both Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure were used in the event. Featuring seven houses, four scarezones, a show, and parade, the event ran for 19 nights in October 2004.
2004 was the first time since 1999 that the event didn't have an icon, instead advertisements featured a bald victim in a straitjacket in the confines of Shady Brook from the Psycho Scareapy maze. Universal pushed for the event to take place in a condensed form in both parks. Portions of the parks were closed with only some attractions operating. The parks became so crowded, that Universal opened designated closed sections on Saturdays and Sundays to alleviate crowd control, and began inserting actors throughout Islands of Adventure to fill the dead space.
Guests entered the event through the Point of Evil (Port of Entry). At Islands of Adventure, guests were able to visit Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure (Toon Lagoon Amphitheater) and Disorientorium (Carnage Warehouse) where the lines between sanity and madness were blurred.
Two paths were open between the parks, each through a Scarezone: Field of Screams (Seuss Backlot) a cornfield where scarecrows and other creatures come to life, and Fright Yard (New York Backlot), an abandoned freight yard with scares behind every crate. These two scarezones formed a path past the soundstages which held the majority of the houses: Castle Vampyr (Soundstage 23) a gothic castle filled with vampires, Ghost Town (Soundstage 22) where the inhabitants of Lightning Gulch died but still haunt the town, Horror in Wax (Soundstage 20) an abandoned wax museum filled with creatures from Universal Studios' past, and Hellgate Prison (Soundstage 20) a prison whose inmates are rioting and the warden is ready to execute.
The final two houses, another scarezone, and The Festival of the Dead Parade were in Universal Studios. In Deadtropolis (Earthquake Queue), guests make their way through a zombie-infested city, while in Horror Nights Nightmares (Soundstage 44) the Halloween Horror Nights Icons terrorized guests. The final scarezone was Midway of the Bizarre (The Boneyard) a creepy carnival of oddities.
Haunted Houses Edit
- Horror in Wax: Step inside a long-forgotten wax museum filled with terrifyingly lifelike exhibits.
- Deadtropolis: Fresh Meat. That's all you are in this urban nightmare where the walking dead feast upon the living.
- Hellgate Prison: Get ready for cruel and unusual punishment as the inmates have overpowered the guards.
- Castle Vampyr: Enter a Gothic castle where you're surrounded by bloodthirsty creatures of the night.
- Horror Nights Nightmares: Come face to face with your worse HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTMARES... The Director, The Caretaker, Eddie, and Jack are all waiting to take you on a little stroll down Memory Lane.
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
- The Cat In The Hat
- Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast
- Shrek 4-D
- Twister...Ride it Out
- Revenge of The Mummy: The Ride
- Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue
- Jaws (Peak only)
- Men in Black: Alien Attack (Peak only)
- Poseidon's Fury
- Dueling Dragons (Peak only)
- Jurassic Park River Adventure (Peak Only)
- Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (Peak only)
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Doctor Doom's Fearfall
- Incredible Hulk Coaster
- Storm Force Accelatron
|Halloween Horror Nights XIV|
|Characters: The Asylum Patient (Event Icon) • Eddie Schmidt • Jack the Clown • The Caretaker • The Director|
|Haunted Houses: Castle Vampyr • Deadtropolis • Disorientorium • Ghost Town • Horror Nights Nightmares • Hellgate Prison • Horror in Wax|
|Scarezones: Field of Screams • Fright Yard • Midway of the Bizarre • Point of Evil|
|Shows: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure • The Festival of the Dead Parade|
|Halloween Horror Nights Orlando|
|Event Editions: 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017|