John "Jack" Schmidt, a murderer, also convicted of arson and terror. Ironically, the facility was the place of his birth along with his brother, Eddie Schmidt in the late 1800's. He cooked up a riot that not only enabled his escape, but also heavily damaged the hospital's reputation. The only house in the series that didn't actually take place in the hospital was PsychoScareapy 3: Home for the Holidays. In 2007, an entire bus full of inmates escaped on Christmas Eve. Over 25 people were killed by the madmen. The hospital was eventually shut down due to it's dysmal security record, although there are rumors that the abandoned building is haunted. In 2010, the Legendary Truth: Awakening team investigated the run down hospital. Apparitions caught on tape were sent to the sight to be analyzed.
Before Shady Brook was shut down, it housed a man named Floyd Mercer who faked his own insanity just to get away from the carnivorous succubus Lady Luck. However Lady Luck did manage to find him so Floyd hung himself to escape from her. At some point, during winter, a group of killers known as the Body Collectors invaded Shady Brook and started killing the staff and insane patients to turn them into artwork and tools. Some of them escaped and fled into the streets.
Appearances and ReferencesEdit
- PsychoScareapy - Appears
- PsychoScareapy: Maximum Madness -Appears
- PsychoScareapy: Home for the Holidays - Mentioned
- Asylum in Wonderland - Mentioned
- PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook -Appears
- Halloween Horror Nights 2011 - Mentioned in the game
- Body Collectors- Recollections (2015) - Appears
- PsychoScareapy: Unleashed (2015- Scare Zone ) - Mentioned.